You feel the pain and know the cost to your company of not filling a job vacancy but do you have:-
- Time to recruit a person
- Proven systems and procedures for recruitment
- Experience in interviewing
- Relevant and information gathering questions to ask when reference checking
- The training to know what questions you are allowed to ask and what you are not allowed to asked when interviewing.
- The experience and know how to find out how long a candidate will stay in your firm.
- A plan in place for the future, when this candidate leaves, or moves further up the ladder.
- A good gut feel, or do you prefer to work with systems and procedures to ensure the candidate is thoroughly checked.
- An eye for detail when it comes to evaluating CV’s.
- A good feel of the role you are recruiting – are you seeking experience or attitude.
- A plan for the future of this candidate and this role, can you see the big picture.
- The ability to write an ad that will attract the right candidate.
- A recruitment agency that listens, follows the same Recruitment process for every job, and can provide a three month candidate and recruitment guarantee.
Use this simple SPAIN method to evaluate your role.
- Situation – how will not filling this role affect your business
- Problems – what are the potential problems if you don’t find this person
- Implications on the organisation
- Need – what is the complete job specification